If you are looking for a simple addition to your antipasto, these baked olives from Maggie Beer’s book ‘Maggies Harvest’ only take 10 minutes to whip up! They are such an addictive way to eat olives. We served them up at our recent Kind Dinner Party and they were such a hit.
Maggie Beer’s Baked Olives
- 2 cups pickled olives
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Rind of 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of verjuice or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of chopped rosemary
Preheat the oven to 180C. toss the olives with garlic, orange rind, bay leaves, olive oil and verjuice (or lemon juice). Place in a baking dish and bake for 5-10 minutes. Leave to cool just a little before serving. If all the moisture is absorbed, add extra olive oil and verjuice or lemon juice along with the chopped rosemary, then serve with drinks.