A Sunday Morning Playlist
The Treffers' Sunday Pancake Recipe
A no fail recipe that’s guaranteed to beat any shake and bake pancake mix. If Sam can whip these up with ease, then you can too. This recipe makes about 9 large pancakes.
For the pancakes:
2 cups (300g) plain flour
¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
430ml of any milk (we use Coco Quench)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Butter for cooking
For the berry sauce:
2 cups frozen berries of your choice.
2 tbsp caster sugar
- I start with the berry sauce because this can sit for as long as you need once done. If not making this, skip straight to 2! Add all ingredients in a saucepan on low heat and stir occasionally until it’s cooked down into a nice sauce. Will take approx 10 mins.
- Place dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the rest! Egg, milk and vanilla. Whisk until just combined.
- Heat a skillet to medium and add a tsp butter to melt. Now here’s the hot tip! Wipe your skillet out lightly with a paper towel before pouring in the batter. Perfect pancakes every time!
- Make any size pancakes you please, just flip when you see the pancake covered in bubbles.
- We like to keep a Falcon enamel plate on a low heat in the oven and pop the pancakes in here as they are done. This keeps them warm while you make them all.
- We like to serve it with the berry sauce, ricotta and maple syrup. Maybe a side of mimosas. Enjoy!